- This event has passed.
Understanding Child Trauma & Building a Supportive Approach
February 10 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The program looks to gain a greater understanding of the impact of Child Sexual Trauma and explores ways we can provide a supportive environment.
- Introduction to the session, program, ourselves, and Child Sexual Trauma.
- Child Sexual Abuse – What is it?
- The impact of CSA – health risks & the developing brain.
- Long term impact & PTSD
- Best Approach – trauma informed behaviour
- A Safe environment
- model of support.
- Looking after yourselves.
This course is an engaging, interactive learning experience using group work.
No previous experience or training is necessary. The course is aimed at anyone who may come into contact with a child who has been abused, newly trained counselors and students