We are looking to recruit Volunteer Counsellors to provide one-to-one counselling with adults, children and young people, who are affected by childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence or rape to support their recovery. We are also looking for volunteer help with our Support Line, fundraising and administration tasks. Role descriptions are downloadable below.
Trust House Lancashire provides specialist support to men, women and children affected by rape and sexual abuse. We provide specialist sexual violence counselling, advocacy support, group support and we contribute to a National Support-line in partnership with other services.
We also offer training to other professionals in the region to increase their capacity to work with victims of sexual violence more effectively.
We are looking for volunteers who can support us in delivering and developing our volunteer-led service. Roles include
- Support Line Call Handlers Role description Support line call handler Aug 2017
- Meet & Greeters Role description Admin_Meet & Greeter Aug 2017
- Fundraisers Role description Fundraiser Aug 2017
- Odd Jobs Person
For an application pack please email Jo McCarthy at [email protected] or call 01772 825288 for more information or download the forms along with some role descriptions.
Counselling application form Application Form-Student Counselling Placement
General volunteer application form Adult Volunteer Application Form
*Please fill out one of these with your application: MONITORING INFORMATION
- Trust House offers a volunteer induction programme including 10 sessions of training and additional training as and when required.
- You will receive regular supervision to support you in your role and will have access to clinical supervision where applicable.
- You will be invited to volunteer/ team meetings where you can meet other volunteers, socialise and support each other.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge
- You will receive out of pocket expenses.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Induction Training will take place at our main office in Preston and our outreach location in Burnley, travel expenses will be reimbursed. Training : exact dates to be confirmed.
Trust House Lancashire ensures safe recruitment processes and successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check