The course will be interactive and you will learn about the basic theories and concepts of Transactional Analysis
“Transactional Analysis is a theory of personality and a systematic psychotherapy for personal growth and personal change” (International Transactional Analysis Association
- TA offers a theory of child development
- TA offers a theory of communication
- TA offers a theory of psychopathology
TA is not only a useful tool in psychotherapy or counselling, education or organisations it also provides a thought provoking perspective of human behaviour. It encourages the use of words that are simple, direct as part of a rational approach to understanding behaviour. Theories and concepts that can be applied both in your personal and professional lives.
This course will introduce some of the main concepts of TA including ideas such as:
- Life script and how we make decisions early in our life that become unconscious and affect us now both professionally and personally
- Ego States and the different aspects of ourselves and others and how we can operate from each of these.
- Transactions and the ways with which we communicate with others
There will be will be a combination of teaching, discussion, practical exercises and time for reflection.
Award: TA101 Certificate from EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis) with international recognition. This is also a pre requisite for any further training in TA
- September Training
Total Cost £150 for 2 day training (please provide your own lunch)
Information about your Trainer
– Michelle Hyams-Ssekasi MSc TA psych, PTSTA, CTA, Psychotherapist & Supervisor DIPSW, UKCP & HCPC Registered
To book on to this course please call us on 01772 825288
Dates Tuesday 12th September 2017 & Tuesday 19th September 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Capacity: 12 people maximum.
Cost £150* (does not include lunch but coffee and tea will be provided)
*Please be aware that in order to complete the course you will need to attend the full course.
Because places are limited, we are unable to refund for late cancellation (less than 5 working days’ notice) or non-attendance.
The venue for this training will be announced soon.We reserve the right to cancel this course if numbers are not sufficient. We will make this decision 2 weeks before the course and therefore not take payment until that time.